Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Free Business Phone Directory ~ Works for Me!


**UPDATED: 11/11/2010 - This service is no longer active or provided by Google!!**

In case you haven't heard (I hadn't!)...there is a business phone directory that you can call from any phone and be connected for free offered by Google. Now, when I'm on the road or away from home and have my cell phone and want to know the number of a particular business in a particular city...I have always dialed 411 on my cell and said at the prompts the city/state I need info for and then the name of the business...all the time knowing that this short phone call which may or may not give me the correct business/phone number I'm looking for will cost me $1.99 or more per inquiry. When you're in a pinch and a hurry, I just thought that was the price you had to pay. Well not anymore thanks to Google!!

My brother and his wife recently told me about "GOOG411". Have you heard of this?? If you haven't, you will want to take note so you never have to call any business directory phone services with the high fees attached. It's very simple, and here's a run down of how it works:

1. You dial 1-800-GOOG-411 from any phone.
2. You tell them the location and business you are inquiring about.
3. Then you are connected to the business for FREE!

No strings attached...it's done. You can call from a land line or cell phone...and there is absolutely no fee! How cool is that? That certainly works for me!! :-) Oh...and to my Canadian friends...this works not only in the United States but in Canada too! *woo hoo*

To check out more details on GOOG411, go here!

To check out more Works-For-Me-Wednesday tips, head over to Shannon's blog here!

Happy calling!

2 comments:

Rhoto said...

You're nice to remember us Canadians, too!! Sounds like a "good thing" to remember. THANKS, Katie!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

How nice. I didn't know about this. I hope all is going well with you and the kids.