As for some blog-related ends to tie up, I have to express a very heartfelt thank you to two blog friends who have so kindly given me awards over the past couple of months. These two ladies are as genuine and giving as they come, and I am humbled to accept the awards they have passed along my way. Carrie and Monica (two lovely real-life sisters) awarded me here and here respectively ~ and I truly am so grateful for their encouragement and friendship. I don't think I've put even a fraction of the effort into my blog as these ladies have into making their blogs a welcoming, encouraging, and challenging place to visit ~ and to receive an award from the each of them is just really humbling. Over the past several months that I've frequented their blogs, I am so amazed at how well thought-out and prepared their posts are and how helpful and fun they are to read! So, thank you so much, Carrie and Monica, for thinking of me and blessing me with your kind words! You two and your families are in my continual prayers. :-)
* * * * * * * * * * *
Each of the awards mentioned above called to pass them onto to five other bloggers. As a result, I am passing *both* awards onto the 5 blogging friends listed below. But first...what are the awards?
1. Only five people allowed. 2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog. 3. One has to be someone new, or recently new to your blog, or live in another part of the world. 4 . You must link back to whoever gave you the 'Blogging Friends Forever' award.
(Monica ~ your blog definitely fits and exceeds the criteria from this award, and I would honor you with this award several times over!!)
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
4.The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award. (there was no link provided, so I don't have one to include)
5. To show these rules.
* * * * * *
So, I am passing along *both* of these lovely awards to the following bloggers:
1. Bren ~ a lovely blogger in Illinois who has a passion for quilting, is a fellow homeschooler, and is expecting a grandbaby girl very soon!
2. Rhonda ~ a dear blogging friend to our north (Canada) who is a real sweetheart and loves to sew! (Please pray for her hubby who has pneumonia right now.)
3. Connie ~ a lovely blogger from the great state of Texas who loves the Lord and has creative and thought-provoking stories to challenge your beliefs and walk with Christ. We are so grateful Hurricane Gustav has passed and they are safe!
4. Julie ~ another gracious blogger from Illinois who is a dear pastor's wife and just welcomed a new baby grandson into the world! Congratulations!
5. Mishel ~ a newer blogging friend from the beautiful West Coast in California who enjoys bluegrass music (as do I!) and who's daughter recently welcomed home her serving hubby from the Middle East. We are grateful for their service and sacrifice.
Thanks to all of you lovely ladies for your past visits to my little corner of the web and for your warm and encouraging words. I appreciate each of your blogs, your love for our Savior Jesus Christ, and your challenging posts.